Men’s Guide to Buying a Leather Bag
Leather has always been a huge part of the global market. Surprising or not, it’s growing at an exponential rate over the last 5 years. There is currently a continuous rise of leather exports due to its increased demand from retailers and consumers. Due to its dependability and premium impression, people opt for such material, especially in bags. Top vendors such as LVMH and Hermès prioritize incorporating such material in their products. It’s because more and more people are now willing to invest in something that is not just ‘in-style’ but also ageless.
But before you purchase that leather bag you were eyeing at, you should first know some basics to make sure you’re getting a quality product. There is currently a billion-dollar pool of faux and vegan leather estimated to be globally worth $85 billion in 2025. However, while synthetic leather bags are on par with its authentic and exotic counterparts, some just can’t live up to its promise.
How to Search for a Leather Bag
Fortunately, you can now easily find high-quality leather bags online. Online shops such as OLPR offer high-end hand-crafted leather bags and other leather goods such as leather journals, watchbands, and men’s accessories. They also offer different types of leather bags from duffle to carry-all depending on the buyer’s needs. Websites like OPLR premium quality leather bags.
As mentioned above, knowing what to look for when buying leather bags is key to a decent purchase. Here are some important features that interested buyers need to consider:
● Identify its purpose – different leather bags are designed to cater different needs. Similar to other bags, it is important to determine the function of the bag you are trying to buy first.
● Check the quality – when shopping for leather bags, you should make sure that the material is of good quality. A good leather bag is water resistant, leak proof, and is not prone to easy wear and tear. The fibers from the material can also act as insulation when exposed to extreme temperatures. It is, however, easy to scratch leather bags. However, they are only surface-level and do not affect the bag itself.
● Check the number of leather pieces – the more pieces of leather that make up one’s leather bag, the more chances of it being prone to wear and tear, leaking, or even ripping off.
● Check the number of seams or stitches – it helps to check if the leather bag contains a lot of stitches. The bag can also be prone to leaking and wearing if it contains a lot of holes.
● Buy from trusted sellers or stores – there are so many leather bags on the market today that you can easily purchase one off the street. Similar to other products, not all leather bags sold are as durable and functional. It is safer to purchase leather bags from trusted marketers such as OLPR.
Investing in a good leather bag is a good investment in the long-run. If you’re interested to buy a leather bag, simply utilize the tips mentioned above.